Can not believe that today is the last day of 2010! Boy what a year it has been, from my baby boy starting kindergarten to my daughter having her first sleep over at a friends home and another year of school for me done (woo hoo).
I am looking forward to the new year with many "NEW" beginnings and can't wait to share them all with family and friends!
From my family to yours, "Here's to 2011, HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
Drum roll please...for my first challenge and the last for 2010 forThe Burtonesque Dolls! I am super excited to finally get up the courage to participate in a challenge and plan to do so more in 2011!
The challenge is WE WISH YOU A SCARY CHRISTMAS...using any Nightmare before Christmas Images Create your best Christmas Project with that Burton Flair! This weeks winner will win...Three Exclusive Nightmare Before Christmas Images fromSimply Betty Stamps.
This year, Christmas crept up and bit me in the...well, lets just say I am not nearly as prepared as I would like! So much to do and not enough hours in the day to complete all my 'to dos'. (Thank goodness finals -for me- are over with).
Also, this year my daughter (8 yrs) has been debating whether she believes in Santa or not. She wouldn't even get a picture done because of this. I am heartsick that she is questioning this so young (or am I being a little neurotic about it). Sigh - they grow up so quickly it's a little scary!
So I took the kids to visit Cowboy Kringle last weekend and my son was over the moon to be visiting Santa. My daughter, not so much. "Do I have to see him?" she asks, "I don't know...don't want to get my picture taken." Crestfallen, I told her "No, it's you choice."
Waiting in line was brutal because of the weather ~ COLD! But it was will worth it when it was our turn! I wish I had a picture of her face when she saw Cowboy Kringle! She looked at him and then looked at me and had the biggest smile on her face!
I didn't say a word but...
sorry for the glare
Black Cardstock from Colorbok
Printed sheets & Creme cardstock from Hobby Lobby
Merry Christmas stamp from Hobby Lobby
Xmas Red Stickles from Ranger
again sorry for the glare
Black Cardstock from Colorbok
all Printed paper from We R Memory Keepers (Tiffany's)
She walked right up sat in Santa's lap, took and picture, and even talked to him. (for her that's awesome)
As we were walking back to the car, she looked up at be and said "Now that's a real Santa....I Believe in him"! (I was so happy I almost started to cry)
I was/am soo excited that I won a mini Christmas album from SCRAP HAPPENS! Rhonda is behond creative with not only her mini albums but so much more. Please stop by her blog and see what she has in store for the next mini album. Below are a few pictures of the album, I can not wait to start adding pictures. Just having a problem picking out the pictures.
So I finally feel ready will just post a Christmas card and tag I made. There is nothing over the top about them, just a big pat on the back from me to myself for actually making a card and a tag. Then to also post for all to see.
I hope the pictures come out ok and that I credit appropriately.
Tree & Sentiment: 2008 Christmas Stamps II (Sueli Colbert DDesigns)
Bic Mark-It Markers
Cardstock: Paper Reflections
Snowflake punch - my apologies I do not remember
Season’s Greetings Tag
Blank Tag & Fibers from the Paper Studio
Distress Ink: Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz
Embellishment: Christmas Potpourri by Dress It Up
Sentiment stamp from Hobby Lobby
Stamp on Green Cardstock from The Scrap Club-September 2005 Science
Sticker Letters from Stickabilities
Silver Ink: Stampabilities Pigment Ink
Thank you for taking the time to look and please leave comments!
This time of year is truly my favorite time year, but also everyone's busiest with all the decorating, cooking, baking, gift buying ang gift making...who has time to sit and think about Chrsitmas cards.
Well, the amazing people at ShutterFly have you covered. ShutterFly have an abundance of Christmas cards to choose from and only a click away!
Last but not least, Shutterfly is offering Bloggers 50 free holiday cards...and all you have to do is click HERE to see the details! Another great thing about Shutterfly, is the fact that if you are not 100% satisfied, they will replace your order or give you a full refund!
Taking a que from Alison at 21st Century Pillow Book, I too have decided to put a wish list for the Holiday. This is my favorite time of year but also my busiest at home, work and school (2 finals to go)! So I thought, why not add a list for me. By no means is the list in any order:
1. Copic Markers. Have you seen these in action? If used correctly, your projects would be amazing. For a little taste, head over to Lady Brayton's.
2. Cricut Imagine and before you roll your eyes (hubby), 'imagine' the possibilities! (yea yea I know...gage)
3. Crock Pot - mine has disappeared. I loved cooking with it but can not seem to locate it.
4. Simply Supernatural by Stamp Insanity! LOVE LOVE all their products.
5. Cuttlebug - it's a need not just a want!
6. Urban Decay Naked Palette at Sephora. Ever since I borrowed it from my sister during the Thanksgiving Holiday ~ I am in lust, the colors a FABULOUS!
7. Steampunk & Emo's Halloween & Christmas at Simply Betty Stamps - their stamps all fantastic and just plain awesome!
8. Buckle gift certificate - I am not a big shopper but this is one of my favorite stores!!!!
9. NCIS season 6 and 7 - Who doesn't love Gibbs, Tony, Ducky, Ziva, McGee and Abby!
10. NCIS: Los Angeles - season 1 - Hetty anyone?!?!
11. A book titled "The Flame of Love" by Jonathan Jackson. He is a father, an actor, husband, brother, friend, musician and one FABULOUS writer. Also, if you are interested in new music from a wonderful group of Men, visit Enation! Jonathan, Richard, Michael, Luke & Daniel...their music is soulful, spiritual and powerful.
12. Almost forgot...Christmas Past collection from Graphic 45! Their colections are amazing.
13. And last but certainly not least...Jenni Bowlin!! Anything and everything from her store needs to be on my shelves at home. JBS Mercantile
So that's it...ok ok ok...I could probably list more but who wants to read this all day!
Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday! Tomorrow i hope to post pictures (finally) of the mini-album from Rhonda at Scrap Happens!!!